commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Raid by No1 Commando on the French coast Sep 1941  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Just thought I would include this photo in this particular part of the Forum. As previously stated it shows men of No1 Commando (I think 5 troop) in a landing craft having carried out a raid to capture German prisoners on the coast of France (probably St Vaast Bay). My father (Hugh Maines) is in the photo graph, he is at the end of the middle row looking upwards and is the only one in the landing craft who is not wearing any head gear. Just to his right standing on the edge of the landing craft is a soldier, also bear headed who seems to have two pips on his shoulder strap (possibly Lt Scramanga) he is just in front of the man with bandaged head. If any one could possibly provide any further info regarding this photo ie names of other Commandos etc I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Andy
 Filename Mr Maine 2a.tif [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 4531 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  453 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 23/04/2008 22:10:08

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]
jackie mcginnis-schulze
Forum Member

dear andy is it possibler for you to send the picture to my computer i can't download it. my uncle bud, aka bill or slick was an american volunteel to no i from the american ary 34 inf divisiion. if its possible would like to see if i recognise anyone [email protected]. would appreciate it thanks jackie mcginnis schulze :-) :-) :-)

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger