commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Donald Trustram, No3 Cdo  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
steevo29
Forum Member

Its been over a year now since my first post which received no replies and as the on site membership has multiplied significantly i thought I'd give the forum another crack before i applied for service records.

I'm looking for any info about my late grandfather Donald Trustram born and died in Hemel hempstead Hertfordshire 1910-1973 service no'- 5990289 3 commando possibly 2 troop.

I received the following helpful info from Nigel Lutt who is the archivist at Bedfordshire county council:-

'There is a list of men who served in the commandos in the book: Cap Badge: the Story of 4 Batts of the Bedfs & herts Regt and the Herts regt TA, by R H Medley.
The entry is: 5990289 L/Cpl D Trustham [sic], no 3 Commando. His number is a 1st Herts Regt one, so I then turned to the Herts Regt enlistment books we have here:
5990289 Donald Trustram, enlisted 11 May 1939. To Class Z (T) Reserve 4 Dec 1945. Y list E/75/45'

I've no idea what all the letters mean if any one can enlighten me I'd be grateful.
I'm not too optimistic about applying for service records after reading on the forum about the many disappointments of the contents received so if anyone has any info no matter how small I'd appreciated it very much!

Steve.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 24/02/2009 21:29:36

keith hurst
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Steve I hope someone can explain it in more detail but basicly it means that he was discharged from the Army in Dec 1945 and put on the reserve list and for a number of years he could have been recalled to the Army.

May wish you luck when you apply for his records

keith hurst
steevo29
Forum Member

Thanks for the reply Keith!
garth
Forum Member

hi steevo29 i am also donald trustrams grandson from the hemel hempstead trustrams,i remember my gramps as i was 12 when he passed away,he talked little of his service only to say he was involved at D Day,i presume landed on sword beach,my father albert wasnt sure but said he talked a bit about dieppe..my name is gareth trustram.

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger