commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
95 Commando Land Rover 1969 : 35FG34  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information General
grahamjp69
Forum Member

Hi everyone,

Apologies if I am in the wrong place or asking a strange question. I bought a lightweight 1969 land rover last year (Military Reg 35FG34) and the vehicle B Card lists it as having spent most of its life in 95 Commando, based in Plymouth - kind of strange as Plymouth is my home town and I was born in the same year!

I was just wondering if anyone remembers this vehicle, or has any photos of land rovers at the time they would be willing to share with me (for my own use only not re-publication).

Thanks very much for any info - I've attached a photo of the landy.

Graham Patterson
[Thumb - Landy S2A 1969.JPG]
 Filename Landy S2A 1969.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 690 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  360 time(s)

John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

Hello Graham

A warm welcome to our forums. Hope someone will be able to help you.

We have a gallery of 95 Commando RA here.

http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/laterday/Army+Commando+Gunners/95+Commando+RA/

Just out of interest. The Landy looks in good condition.

Regards

John M

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/06/2013 14:00:16

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor

grahamjp69
Forum Member

Thanks very much for the info, here is another picture from the side, I think someone probably had her restored quite heavily before me but I have done quite a few mechanical checks and replacements myself!

I do drive her but not on a daily basis, mainly weekends and sunny days :)

Thanks

Graham
[Thumb - 1969 S2A Landrover Side.JPG]
 Filename 1969 S2A Landrover Side.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description 1969 Landrover S2A Side
 Filesize 680 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  399 time(s)

melt
Forum Member

Hi Graham,

Just a quick note to say that I own your vehicle's brother! I have 35FG12, over in Sheffield.

Kind regards,
Alex "melt"
grahamjp69
Forum Member

Alex,

Thanks for the update, I will PM you my email address if you like. I was in Sheffield last week, but now down South again I'm afraid!

My landy appears to have been sold in Oxfordshire by an ex-military dealer in '93 and then moved around a bit from Berkshire to Scotland! I'm the 6th owner, it has been fine for a few months then started cutting out about a week ago so I'm replacing the coil currently.

Not sure what role mine had in the forces, it looks good underneath so I think it may have not been sea-waded or salt-exposed much.

Cheers

Graham

Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger