commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Lt Morgan Jenkins, No2 Cdo  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
JenT
Forum Member

Hi,

My Dad is the nephew of Lt Morgan Jenkins who was killed on the St.Nazaire raid in 1942. Morgan's sister (Jane) died last year. I know my dad has already collated a lot of information about the raid and a couple of photo's of Morgan but it would be great to get any more info or any more photo's to surprise my dad with!

Can anyone help?

Jennifer

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 24/02/2009 21:31:49

Bob Bishop
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Dear Jennifer: You may already have the photo I am enclosing captioned 'Officers of No. 2 Commando before the raid' (St. Nazaire). Actually the caption is a misnomer as there are only 14 officers of our unit pictured thereon. There were 25 No. 2 Officers who participated in the operation.

I cannot say that I remember your relative Lt. Jenkins very well as the time of St. Nazaire was 66 years ago. I think I last saw him on March 24th or 25th, 1942. I did not serve in the troop he was assigned to, but somehow in my memory I seem to recall that Lt. Jenkins had not been with No. 2 Cdo for a very long time prior to the raid.

I can assure you that the few remaining members of No. 2 Commando remember with honour Lt. Jenkins as part of our No. 2 Cdo forty soldiers who fell in battle on March 28, 1942 at St. Nazaire.

Sincerely,
[Thumb - stnazaire_htm_txt_no2commando.gif]
 Filename stnazaire_htm_txt_no2commando.gif [Disk] Download
 Description Officers of No. 2 Commando before the Raid
 Filesize 74 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  367 time(s)

Anthony peter Harkness
Forum Member

Hi Jennifer, came across your post as the name "morgan" caught my eye, my great uncle too died in the St. Nazaire raid, I dont have a vast amount of info however i did recieve the following reply in my post under the heading "The Greatest Raid"

Dear Anthony,

Your great uncle L/Sgt Peter Harkness was in the protection team of
Sd/Lt Morgan Jenkins with L/Cpl R. Burns, L/Sgt W.Gibson and L/Cpl G.Hudson.

Best regards

Bernard

This was from petit jean56. why not give him a try for some info?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 19/04/2008 13:15:01

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger