commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Petition for Normandy Tourism  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
B Wraith
Forum Member
[Avatar]

The facts: April 8th, 2013, six Normandy tourist offices took the initiative to create the "mythical sector of the landing beaches" relying on actual tourism and tourist operators figure. Some of the landing beaches and drop zones were not integrated, such as a part of Juno Beach, Sword Beach and the area of the 6th Airborne Division north of Caen.

The reactions: Leon Gautier, president of the Free France Commandos veterans, has already protested against this initiative, as well as Admiral Brac de La Perrière, president of the Normandie-Mémoire and D-Day Committee associations. :shock:

I have just signed the petition "Suppression du secteur mythique des plages du débarquement" on Change.org.

It's important. Will you sign it too? Here's the link:

http://www.change.org/petitions/suppression-du-secteur-mythique-des-plages-du-débarquement?share_id=KibpbJCDiz&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

Son of 4687570 Sgt William (Bill) Wraith MM; N°6 Commando N°2 Troop
Eileen
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I've either signed 3 times .... or it didn't work at all. My intentions were good.

If I have praised my comrades too highly I make no apology, for they were beyond all praise.

Lord Lovat - No 4 Commando
[Email]

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger