commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Calling all relatives and friends of the 46 RMC  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information General
keith
Forum Member

Hi,
I am collecting any authentic stories, and pictures about the combat period of this regiment. My father Eric Taylor, was a machine corporal in S troop. He wrote a fascinating autobiography about his time in the Royal Marines and later his time with the 46 RMC.
I have collected a number of combat stories from veterans and the John Cox folder. This has become a hobby with me and perhaps I will compile all my research into a book of personal experiences of members of the 46. I would really appreciate any stories perhaps you heard from fathers, grandfathers or vets etc and of course any photos. All pictures (if sent by post) would of course be returned and with your permission posted to Pete Rogers.
bethhewitt
Forum Member

Dear Keith

My grandad was Sgt. Harry Hewitt of 46RMC who you mention in the following article on this website : http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/Royal+Marine+Commando+Units/46/Stroop2.jpg.html

Is it please possible for you to send me a copy of the story you mention in your father's memoir concerning Harry?

We have some photos that you don't seem to have and also some stories which we would be very happy to share with you.

Kind regards

Beth Hewitt

Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger