commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Herbert 'Bert' Smart No 2 Commando  XML
Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

It is with much sadness that we inform of the passing of a fellow Commando and CVA member, Herbert 'Bert' Smart (No 2 Cdo) who died on 7 February 2013.

Rest in peace Bert.

Email from his wife Heather:

Dear Geoff, Bert passed away on the day after his birthday, on the 8th feb. He needed oxygen at night on several occasions, before being taken to emergency on the 6th evening. He came back to the nursing home the next morning after no more could be done for him, because of lung and heart failure
So he didn't suffer for long and died at 10.30am on Friday 8th.[ that time was 11.30 pm in U.K. his birthday]
He was able to see your card and the nurses sang happy birthday and brought a cake.

I hope you will contact me when you come to Aus., it would be good to meet you and family.

A memorial service will be held at 2.30pm. on thursday 14th. Kind regards Heather Smart.

[Thumb - Herbert Bert Smart No 2 Cdo.jpg]
 Filename Herbert Bert Smart No 2 Cdo.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 82 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  514 time(s)

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Rest in Peace Bert.

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
mikeysaling
Forum Member
[Avatar]

A salute to a brave no 2 veteran - RIP Bert.

?Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.?
― Albert Camus

Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger