commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Deaths Head knuckle duster knife  XML
Forum Index » Collectors and Memorabilia
John Forsey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

This type of knife was issued to Commandoes in the Middle East N0 50-52 Commando. Personally I find this knife very awkward to use, It is very difficult to alter the angle of attack because the fingers are locked into place therefor to go from an "overhead" strike to an underhand one in one moovement impossible. John.
[Thumb - Middle East Commando knife 002.jpg]
 Filename Middle East Commando knife 002.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Deaths head knife
 Filesize 1699 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  1298 time(s)

markh
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi John, thanks for sharing your pictures. In particular I remember being shown this very type of knuckle duster knife by my old English teacher at a secondary school in Bristol. His surname was Morgan, possibly John. Mr Morgan brought the knife to school one day, and demonstrated some locks and holds on me, which being about 12, I thought was amazing ! I still remember holding that knife and it being in a leather sheaf.

I had until only the other week, forgotten Mr Morgan was a Commando, I believe he was a Sgt. Major, he certainly had the manner of one, but a really nice teacher. He used to tell me stories about his time in the desert, how they would hide up and count vehicles. I recall him being in 50 something Commando, which fits in with your comment. Mr Morgan knew about my granddad, but their paths never crossed.

Thanks again for sharing this !

PS Does anybody know what happened to my Mr Morgan. He was nearing retiring meant age when I knew him as a teacher. I will look into it.

The more I learn about the Commandos, the less I realise I know.

Grandson of George Norton Barnes
PLY/X 107640 Royal Marines
14987370 Fus. Barnes G.N Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers

Royal Marines 8 BN, Royal Marines No. 40 and No. 41 Commando, LST 320, The 9th Buffs, Army No. 5 Commando and X Lists.

Forum Index » Collectors and Memorabilia
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger