commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Seeking any information on my Grandfather Vivian 'Roy' Mellars  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Clare Robinson
Forum Member

I will be contacting the MOD for the basic information on my Grandfather but wanted to see if anyone knew him / had photos. He died quite young in the 1950s and my family never really spoke about him as a result.
Many thanks
markh
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Clare, welcome to the forums.

Are you able to provide any more information about your grandfather eg any idea of which Commando he was in, or countries he visited or any anecdotes from your family ?
Also do you have any photos or other documents you could share - using the blue attachments button - , as these will provide further clues, as well as being of interest to everyone.

Good luck.

The more I learn about the Commandos, the less I realise I know.

Grandson of George Norton Barnes
PLY/X 107640 Royal Marines
14987370 Fus. Barnes G.N Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers

Royal Marines 8 BN, Royal Marines No. 40 and No. 41 Commando, LST 320, The 9th Buffs, Army No. 5 Commando and X Lists.

Clare Robinson
Forum Member

Thanks for the tips. Sadly I have absolutely no info whatsoever at the moment. I only have photos of when he was slightly older. I'll try and get the Commando unit number first and then go from there.

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger