commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Alan Tate MC 45RM Commando  XML
Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

It is with much sadness that John Martin informs us of the recent death on the 24th September 2012 of Lt Alan Tate MC who served with 45RM Commando in WW2. The family have requested no flowers. Donations, if desired to Parkinsons Disease Society or Crossroads Care c/o Warriner & Sons, 32 Church Hill, Loughton, Essex, IG10 1LA. Telephone: 020 8508 1752.

John Martin adds "
He was awarded the Military Cross for his part in the attempt in January 1945 to capture Belle Isle, a small island in the River Mass. I met him over twenty years ago, by which time he was the senior partner of a very well known London firm of surveyors and planning consultants. He was totally modest and enormous fun. I am only sorry that subsequently I lost touch with him."

Rest in peace Alan

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
steph
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Rest in Peace, ALAN.

Thanks for all !

I was in touch with ALAN few years ago,
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

I have received the following email from the daughter of Lieutenant Alan Tate MC. With her permission I attach it below:

As Alan's daughter I much appreciate your kind insert to the Commando Veteran pages. He had had a very long and debilitating journey with Parkinsons so we are comforted to know he is now at peace. I am writing the eulogy for Friday at the crematorium and of course I shall insert a tribute about the Belle Isle incident and his MC. I was fortunate to be taken to Belle Isle by my father about 10 years ago and my children then 10 and 14 accompanied us. it was a very humbling experience. He is remembered well by locals there .

May his soul rest in peace where he is once again with comrades he never did forget.

My thanks and appreciation

Kind regards to you all

Jacqueline Rinaldi(Nee Tate)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/10/2012 23:38:32

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

The Daily Telegraph obituary for Alan Tate MC can be read here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/military-obituaries/naval-obituaries/9751366/Captain-Alan-Tate.html#

[Email]
Eileen
Forum Member
[Avatar]

A very full and interesting life. Reading about how he got his MC was thrilling, and the story about sharpening the pencils made me smile.

RIP Mr Tate.

If I have praised my comrades too highly I make no apology, for they were beyond all praise.

Lord Lovat - No 4 Commando
[Email]

Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger