commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Patrick Kenneth Pearce, No. 41 (Royal Marines) Commando information request  XML
Forum Index » Wartime RM Commando Individuals
De Peperbus museum
Forum Member

Dear members of this forum,

I am a member of Torenmuseum De Peperbus, a museum in Velddriel, The Netherlands. On the 22nd of March, 1945, a British soldier from Ryde, Isle of Wight, died in our village. His name was Patrick Kenneth Pearce. He served in the NO.41 (Royal Marines) Commando, which was part of the 4th Special Service Brigade. The names of his parents were Thomas and Louisa Mary Pearce.

I found your Commando Veterans Association on the internet while looking for information about Patrick Kenneth Pearce. I would like to contact his family, find out what kind of person he was and become a photo from him, if possible.

I hope you are willing to help me. Could you give me an advise who I could contact ?

Apologies for my poor English, but I hope you understand my request and hopefully you'll help me.
I hope you'll mail me back.
Thank you so much!

Torenmuseum De Peperbus
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi

I hope someone finds your message and contacts you. In the meantime:

In Memory of EX/3107 Lance Corporal Patrick Kenneth Pearce
No. 41 R.M. Commando, Royal Marines
who died on 22/03/1945 aged 27
Son of Thomas and Louisa Mary Pearce, of Ryde, Isle of Wight.
Remembered with honour at Maasdriel (Veld-Driel) Roman Catholic Churchyard

A photo of his grave can be viewed here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fgdvcappellen/2277785040/in/set-72057594055202662/

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Jack Bakker
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Pete,

I have sent a pm to the De Peperbus Museum. Perhaps I can help them.
footballcrazyshade
Forum Member

this is my husbands uncle . my husband was named after him. we have been in contact with Heidi from den bosch and a book has been written, and an exhibition at noord Brabant museum in den bosch has been organised about him. which is on until march. starting on 15/11/2013. we will be in attendance
aim icon

Forum Index » Wartime RM Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger