commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
7 of Spades brass plate with ME Commando badge  XML
Forum Index » Collectors and Memorabilia
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

I purchased this on EBay about 7 years ago and when I contacted the seller he said that he had purchased it at the house auction of a former Army Commando - no other details.

It measures approx 3 x 2 inches and has a lion above India badge and a ME Commando badge. It seems that it may have been attached (welded) to something at some point.

Does anyone have any ideas of its significance or where it may have come from?

Regards

G

From tarot.com website
General Meaning: The Seven of this suit typically refers to mental preparedness, acquired through the use of imagination, including the rehearsing and visualizing of desired results. This card represents the positive mental habits of a natural winner. The image most often associated with this card is that of a canny warrior who has infiltrated into the enemy camp on the eve of a fateful battle, checking out their preparations and stealing their swords. Such a move is guaranteed to demoralize the enemy and undermine their performance in the upcoming confrontation.

Putting it in modern terms, one who draws this card needs to work smarter, not harder. Think long and deep, study all the angles and put yourself in the shoes of your competition. As a result, you will have such a thorough grasp of the whole situation that there will be no surprises -- and no excuses for anything but success. Skillful preparation justifies the optimism of the natural winner.
[Thumb - 7 of Spades.jpg]
 Filename 7 of Spades.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 851 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  411 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 28/07/2012 22:58:21

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
mike beckett
Forum Member

Geoff
Given the Indian Connection I wonder if the item refers to Mission 204 whose badge was a white metal/silver version of the ME Cdo badge. As you probably know many ME Cdos went to Mission 204, along with other former Layforce Personnel who were given the option to go to SAS, G(R) Middle East pool, Mission 204 or RTU etc on the demise of Layforce - this info from a great pal of mine - Walter Marshall of No11 Cdo etc, sadly no longer with us, but never forgotten! Walter went to Mission 204. For a photograph he loaned me, showing the badge being worn see Allied Special Forces Insignia 1939-1948 by Peter Taylor - page 108-109
Regards
Mike

Forum Index » Collectors and Memorabilia
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger