commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Jimmy Lain donation  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
hockhamlain
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I would like to thank all our friends within the CVA especially those who attended Jimmies send off and those who made donations. I can now tell you all a staggering £1300 has been raised from donations at the Church, the Railway Tavern, and those handed directly to us. The two causes closest to Jimmies heart are The CVA and Help for Heroes, and a decision has been made to split the amount between the two. Both myself and the rest of the familly "Clan" are obviously immensley proud that through Jimmy we are able to make these fantastic donations to these worthy causes. He will not be forgotten.
Thankyou.
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

Ron,

Jimmy will not be forgotten.

It was really great to see you and Bev at Alrewas, it really was, and we look forward to seeing you all again in Fort William, if not sooner.

Please pass on the sincere thanks of all members of the Commando Veterans Association to those who gave kindly in Jimmy's memory and in support of H4Hs and the CVA.

All funds go to our Memorial Fund which this year will see the complete renovation of the memorial paver area at Alrewas with the installation of the two larg steel scrolls bearing the names of all of the wartime Army Commando's killed during WW2.

All the very best

Geoff

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger