commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Wilkinson Sword 2nd pattern FS knife aution on ebay.  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Commando Weapons and Equipment
Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi

I have been watching this rather nice Wilkinson Sword FS knife on ebay which has just sold for £444.55.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&autorefresh=true&hash=item3cc7f7fcda&item=261052955866&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&si=LJw0IoT9pnmzH6wp26Cgmt2cuW8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Cheers Andy

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]
Vlewis
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Andy,

Yeah nice looking knife although there appears to be a fracture in the cross guard as a result of it getting bent out of shape at some point although that adds to the well travelled mystique I guess. Much prefer the look of the 1st & 2nd pattern grip over the ringed 3rd pattern.

Regards Vic
Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Vic

At first I thought that the guard was some sort of unusual bent design, but on closer inspection I noticed that the bend was only on one side, so as you say it has been damaged. Perhaps it was dropped and the guard has connected with some hard object on its journey downward, I agree with you concerning the 1st and 2nd pattern hand grips.

Cheers Andy

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]

Forum Index » Wartime Commando Weapons and Equipment
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger