commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Commando library - New publication  XML
Forum Index » Commando Library
GrahamCooper
Forum Member

Hi
Whilst checking the availability of a commando book I came across this new title for release in September this year.

THE COMMANDO POCKET BOOK 1940-1945

Compiled by CHRIS WESTHORP

ISBN 978 1844861590

128 Pages

Both Amazon and Waterstones website give contents of book

Hope this is of some help

Graham

By their deeds they shall be known
[Email]
mike beckett
Forum Member

Thanks for drawing attention to this book

Having looked on the sites mentioned above, I hope I am permitted to cut and paste an extract of the Synopsis of this book (as published on the Waterstone's Site) to provide further background for anyone interested:

"This pocket-book draws on authentic training manuals, lecture notes, course literature and other material from the commando schools to give a real insight into this highly specialized fighting unit - demonstrating how commandos were taught to live, fight and move on offensive operations, initially as raiding parties, and later as skilled assault infantry. Sections of the book cover survival and fieldcraft skills; night operations; assaulting obstacles; use of equipment - such as the COPPS canoe for beach reconnaissance and sabotage; and weapons training, including the Thompson submachine gun, the Bren gun, and the famous emblem of the commandos - the Fairbairn-Sykes fighting knife."

Thee book will be 128 pages by the looks and is due for release on 27/9/2012 I think

The following link should take you to the Watersone's entry - if it works!

http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/christopher+westhorp/the+commando+pocket+book/9215376/

Mike
Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

yes it did Mike, thanks for that. Looks good

SE Donnison
[MSN]

Forum Index » Commando Library
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger