commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
ITN films  XML
Forum Index » Video Links
Julie W
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I've just discovered that ITN have a wealth of film clips available to watch online. The search term 'Commando', for example, returns 1706 results ranging from 1941 to 2012
http://www.itnsource.com/

Julie

Cousin of Capt. Larry Stephens, No. 5 Commando 1943-1946
His biography is available from all good bookshops from April 2020 https://www.waterstones.com/book/its-all-in-the-mind/julie-warren/9781783528622
[WWW]
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

Thanks for this Julie.........its looks to be a great resource.

Regards

John M

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor

NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Another brilliant discovery.

One of the first news clips I found here was 'COMMANDO COMMEMORATION': Army Commandos celebrate their 21st anniversary at Westminster Abbey. Colonels Vaughan, Porteous and Newman carry the Roll of Honour to the Commando Memorial.

This is a very useful clip in my personal battle to get the Westminster Abbet RoH recognised as an important document in Commando History and accepted as contemporary evidence to support my crusade to get the records of fallen commandos to reflect their Commando service.

The RoH was presented to Westminster Abbey by "Officers from the Commando Depot" in 1948, but the CWGC have, so far, not accepted it as contemporary evidence.

Thanks Julie.

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]

Forum Index » Video Links
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger