commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
No3 Cdo War Diaries June 1944  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Units
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Very detailed War Diaries with Patrol Reports andCasualty lists.
 Filename No3_Cdo_War_Diaries June 1944.pdf [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 193 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  1426 time(s)

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Sam North
Forum Member

This is a fantastic find, I can follow what my grandfathers movements where on those days.
Thank you very much for posting this, how did you come by this?
Sam.

A young photographer who's grandfather served in 3 Commando during the war and I am trying to find out some more information.
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Sam,

All the original official War Diaries are held in the National Archives at Kew. Any one is able to go and read them and they may also photograph the documents.
[This is a wonderful experience and I thoroughly recommend it to every one who has an interest in the history of WWII.]

Photographs of the War Diaries may not be published on the internet at this time - but transcripts of the diaries may be.

I have been extremely fortunate in that some generous folk have sent me some of the fruit of their research and I, in turn, am happy to share it with as many folk as possible...

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Sam North
Forum Member

I will go and do just that in the upcoming weeks.
I have just started my 3rd year at university and am doing a photographic project on my Granddad and his time in the commandos during WW2.
I shall upload the transcripts of what I find for you all to enjoy as I have done with these...

A young photographer who's grandfather served in 3 Commando during the war and I am trying to find out some more information.

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Units
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger