commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Not a Joke........ but Humorous  XML
Forum Index » Just for Laughs
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

Hi Everyone

In my dealings with the older Veterans among our throng I've always been struck by not only their modesty but also their good humour and stories.

A couple of examples.

Vic Ralph......'Me your dad and Jack Kelly we were away from the camp in India and we missed the last transport back.
There was a railway close to the camp and there was this empty parked Loco..........so we thought we'd use that to get back home'

JM........'Could any of you drive it'?

VR..........'Well your dad had been a railway porter briefly..........so between the three of us we sort of learned as we went along. We got home all right'

JM...........'How did you stop it'?

VR............'Ahh that was just LUCK'

And a couple from Harry Winch.

JM.........'How old are you Harry'?

HR..........' I'll be 86 next birthday..........pause..........'If I'd known I was going to live this long I would have taken a lot more risks in my life'

and lastly me introducing another Commando from Lincoln Branch to Harry.

JM..........'This is so and so from Lincoln'

HR.............'Hello pleased to meet you..........which mob were you in'?

other.........'45...........joined a bit late though ......I didn't see any action'.

HR.........'ahh well you get sent where you're sent don't you........pause........Mind you seen any action?..........I had my eyes closed.'

Great stuff!!

Regards

John M

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 23/03/2012 15:09:08

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor

Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Years ago when I was talking to my dad's old officer Capt Beasley He told me they were in Burma when dad went wandering off into the jungle When suddenly dad came back dragging this big cobra. Dad said "look what Ive killed Sir!" Capt Beasley said "you bloody fool Donnison its mate will come looking for it!" and it did ,My dad killed that too

SE Donnison
[MSN]

Forum Index » Just for Laughs
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger