commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Marine Thomas Vardy MM 46RM Commando  XML
Forum Index » Wartime RM Commando Individuals
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

My thanks to David Vardy, nephew of Tom Vardy MM, who provided us with photos of, and documents relating to, his uncle who was killed in action on the 11th April 1945. I have created an album and posted these in the 46RM Commando gallery. They can be viewed on this link:

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/Royal+Marine+Commando+Units/46/Vardy/

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

David Vardy would like to know if anyone recognises the two men at the original grave of his uncle, Mne Vardy MM, shown in this photo:

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/Royal+Marine+Commando+Units/46/Vardy/Mne+Vardy+First+Grave+copy.jpg.html

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
keith
Forum Member

11th April 1945.
My father Eric wrote in his memoirs how he had just been talking to Trevor Kidwell and must have been standing quite to him and Thomas Vardy as the mortar bomb exploded. Eric said he had heard it comming and had dived into fox hole.

Keith

Forum Index » Wartime RM Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger