commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Bill Millins  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
hockhamlain
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello All,
Heres to you Bob, putting it right again. I have just been reading about Bill Millin the Pegasus Bridge piper, can anyone tell me if he is still with us, that is a truly amazing story. The story relates up to early 2001/2 when Bill reclaimed his pipes from the Edinburgh Museum but there is nothing about the man after that time, I would be pleased to know.
Regards Ron
Frank Churchill
Forum Member

I am pleased to report that Bill is still with us, although in declining health, and living in a retirement home in Devon. He went back to Normandy in 2004 for the 60th anniversary.

We were immensely privileged to have him stay at our home in Witney a few years ago when the youth orchestra from Maasbracht, Holland came over to play a series of concerts for the commandos, including at Blenheim Palace.

I shall always remember being woken up by an early morning blast of the pipes (!) and the look of awe on the children's faces as he piped them into the concert hall. A real treat.

Frank
hockhamlain
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello all,
does anyone know if Bill Millin is still with us and if so where he can be contacted, if contact is OK.
Regards Ron Lain

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger