commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Access Denied messages  XML
Forum Index » Using the Website, Forums and Gallery
Admin
Forum Member

Hi All,

We are increasing our defences against hackers and spammers, and have rolled out a new firewall configuration. It is going to take some time to get the configuration right as, spotting spam from a genuine post can be difficult. If you do get access denied messages, please rest assured that we have seen it and will continue to tweak the rules until we are letting through legitimate traffic and blocking the spam.

Dan
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

Thanks Dan, your continued support and assistance is much appreciated.

Geoff

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
Admin
Forum Member

The forum registration now includes an additional security question. It is a simple maths question, however it is written in such a way that a human user should be able to answer it easily but a non human (robot) wouldn't know what to do. Hopefully this should go a long way to stopping automated sign up of spaming robots.

Again, if we start getting too many false positives with this technique we will continue to tweak and try alternative methods. Existing users should not be affected by this measure.

Dan
Admin
Forum Member

Image uploading should be fixed now.

There is a new search implementation, it does seem to be working, please let me know if you have an example of a search that does not work.

Merry Christmas all.

Dan

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 25/12/2011 16:13:12

Admin
Forum Member

Hopefully fixed the issue with the pagination and number of posts count.
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Dan

The Forum search facility is still not working properly. A few examples :

Search on Whelan is No Trace

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoForum/posts/list/3078.page

Search on Morris brings up 7 results but does not find this one entered by Alan Orton on page 3:

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoForum/posts/list/30/1690.page

Search on Emmerson brings up 1 result but does not bring up this one:

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoForum/posts/list/3146.page

These are just a few of many examples

Regards

Pete

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Admin
Forum Member

Hi All,

Just thought I would post an update. I have had a number of messages related to access denied messages and I'm working to resolve these. The forum search issue may take some time to resolve but I'm looking at that too, We are still having issues with spam robots although we seem to be on top of that at the moment, we have blocked 365 IP addresses to date.

Now that I'm back at work, generally I will only be able to look into issues at the weekends, but will try my best to resolve things as quickly as possible.

Dan

Forum Index » Using the Website, Forums and Gallery
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger