commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Britain At War magazine issue December 2011 no 56  XML
Forum Index » Commando Library
Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Very interesting articles in this issue of Britain At War. The Sigificant Adventure dealing with the Vaagso raid. . David Niven .My War.and his time at Inverailort. Did he really introduce Bob Laycock to the Commandos? Also Stepping Into Trouble which is about three German officers who went wandering down a beach on the Channel Islands and blow themselves up on an S-mine. The mines had been laid by the Nazis in the aftermath of a commando raid there (Operation Ambassador) Noone seems to have told these poor Germans where the mines were.
It really is a quality magazine

SE Donnison
[MSN]
Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I forgot to say that also in the magazine is an advert for a firm called MissionHero which is selling t-shirts featuring great designs from the War.Theres one with Commando across it and a comic strip green beret soldier charging . Must get one! MissionHero.co.uk

SE Donnison
[MSN]

Forum Index » Commando Library
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger