commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Alternative Commando Remembrance 2011  XML
Forum Index » Association Events
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Paddy Ryan, ex 29 Cdo, emailed me asking for the times of the Remembrance Service at The Commando Memorial. Unfortunately, Paddy was unable to attend the Service in the end but, instead, celebrated his own special Remembrance Service, with his two sons Christopher & Conor on the slopes of Ben Vorlich - a Scottish mountain on the Highlands/Lowlands borders.

Paddy wrote:Find attached picture of my private remembrance with my 2 boys. We had 2 mins silence at the bottom and then talked about being a soldier all the way to the top.

The photo shows Paddy, left, Christopher, centre, Conor [11 years old], right, on a cloudy mountain top...

Nick
[Thumb - IMG00111-20111113-1253(2).jpg]
 Filename IMG00111-20111113-1253(2).jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 58 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  439 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 17/11/2011 17:22:07

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Great photo. I have now posted it in our 29 Commando RA album:

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/laterday/Army+Commando+Gunners/29+Commando+RA/

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Association Events
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger