commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Denzel (spelling?) Webb  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Pete Keane
Forum Member

Have seen a reference to D Webb at St.Nazaire, but not sure what the D stands for.

Chap I am looking for survived the war, but I dont know which Commando other than European Theatre post d-day, so not 3 or 5.

Ring any bells?

Cheers

Pete
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Peter, the only Webbs' that I have seen on records for those who took part in Operation Chariot, St Nazaire, are L/Sgt F. Webb of No.3 Commando ( Stuart Chant's book St Nazaire Commando) and L/Cpl John 'Jack' Webb, RAMC and No.2 Commando ( Jim Dorrian's book Storming St Nazaire)

Chap I am looking for survived the war, but I dont know which Commando other than European Theatre post d-day, so not 3 or 5.

Unless I have misunderstood your quote above, No.3 Commando were in France post D Day

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Pete Keane
Forum Member

Hi Pete

Yep, ignore the latter part.

All I have is the name and that he served in Europe post d-day (definitely not Burma) and that his Commando were attached to the 49th, but no mention of a Brigade.

I searched here and the only 'D' I found was at St.Nazaire, but I dont think its the right chap.

Usual situation - not enough info!

Cheers

Pete
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

I have listed a 53365587 Pte Douglas H Webb of No 4 Cdo (ex Royal Berkshire Regiment) who served in Dieppe and a Gnr Douglas Webb of No 1 Cdo who I have listed as passing away in 1987.

Regards

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger