commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Ernest Leonard Coleman (Lofty)  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
johnny
Forum Member

Hi Nic & Pete.
Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately we do not have any photos of Ernest or any of his comrades, in fact we have very few photos of Ernest, hence my interest in the photos taken on board HMS Locust.
On the 10th to 13th April 1992 Ernest attended the 50th anniversary of the 40 Royal Marines Commando 1942-46 Association Reunion at the Broadway Park Hotel, Sandown, IsIe of White. Do you know if there are any photos of this event?. This was the last reunion that Ernest attended.

Regarding Ernests papers, due to practically indecipherable handwriting, numerous duplications etc I decided to copy Ernests text on to my open office, this I have done in its entirety albeit for grammatical correction. In doing this I have been able to add a footnote detailing things that Ernest has told the family about his exploits, I have also included his ill health probably due to his incarceration, his employment after recuperation, service details, his death and finally his funeral. At this moment in time I am getting further bits of information, when I feel that I have taken it as far as possible I am confident that the family will release a copy to the association

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger