commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
"Age of Heroes" feature film about 30AU  XML
Forum Index » General Topics
Vlewis
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Just recieved a nice Fathers day present from the kids, a Bluray DVD called Age of Heroes, a film based on the formation of 30AU Commando staring Sean Bean. Its a fairly low budget film but I enjoyed all the same. There's a featurette included with archive stills and footage (most of which I have seen before through other sources) and interviews with former Commandos recounting thier experiences in this particular unit.

Regards Vic
Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

i saw a preview on Play.com ..looked pretty good ,,thanks for reminding me about it Gonna get it

SE Donnison
[MSN]
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

The director of the film, Adrian Vitoria, joined us in Alrewas for the 70th anniversary last year. Nick Jones, one of his military advisor's was 29 Cdo RA and is a member of the CVA.

Regards

Geoff

Photo attached with Nick on right in cam whites.
[Thumb - Nick Jones & Steve.JPG]
 Filename Nick Jones & Steve.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 1244 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  409 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 23/06/2011 01:03:21

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I enjoyed the movie Plenty of cliches though The action was well done and good to see the knife given legendary status. The ending to me was very weak! But worth getting

SE Donnison
[MSN]

Forum Index » General Topics
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger