commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Cpl. David Campbell No 4 Commando  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

Sir;

My name is David Campbell-McArthur both my Father,Cpl. David Campbell and Step-Father, Pvt. Albert Raymond McArthur were in the Commandos. My Father was on the Lofoten Raid and my Step-Dad was a member of Layforce and take prision at Sphakia when Crete fell. As I never knew my Father and Dad rarely if ever talked about the war I was wondering if there is any way I could find out about their exploits. I know that Dad was with the 4th Commando and I believe so was my Father who RTU`d and was in the 48th RTR, 8th Army, when he died in Italy.

I feel somewhat guilty that I have not done this before and now that I am 68 it is time I learned more of these two men especially my Father who is buried outside Algiers. Sir if you could assist in anyway it would be greatly appreciate. I am myself a veteran of the Viet Nam War (Canadian Volunteer) and I would like very much to pass on tho my Daughters some stories of their Grandfathers.

David [email protected]

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

David has sent me an email with further details. I will respond direct regarding service records etc. and post any relevant information here as and when. Here is the CWGC certificate for David Campbell:

In Memory of 7885941 Corporal David Campbell
48th, Royal Tank Regiment, R.A.C.
who died age 29 on 15 May 1944
Son of David and Isobella Mair Campbell; husband of Theresa Campbell, of Troon, Ayrshire.
Remembered with honour DELY IBRAHIM WAR CEMETERY

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 21/06/2011 23:01:07

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger