commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Marine Eric Gotts KIA Dieppe 1942  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

Dear Mr Murray,

I've been searching the Internet in the hope that I can find someone who may be able to help me.

Marine Eric Gotts was my Uncle. He was born in Antingham, Norfolk, died in Dieppe 1942.

We've been searching for his name on a War Memorial in Norfolk but have found nothing.

On the CWGC Eric was listed as Son of William Edward and Gertrude Gotts of Suffield, Norfolk. The family moved to Suffield when my Grandfather died in 1936 from Bridge Farm in Antingham which was rented. The family lived at the farm for many years. Three months after his Father's death Eric enlisted in the Royal Marines on 30 Sep 1936.

I have been in contact with the Antingham Parish Council, first in 2006 and again in 2009, both times they have not replied.

Can you advise me where to go from here. All our family really want his name put on a War Memorial along with all the other brave young men who died in WW2.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

With regards

Evelyn Jenner

33 Cress Way

Faversham

Kent

ME13 7NH

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Not sure if Evelyn will see this entry, but if so may I recommend you register on our forum. There is a website regarding the Memorial and it mentions Eric Gotts. I will try and see if I can find out more

http://www.roll-of-honour.com/Norfolk/Antingham.html

In the meantime the nearest Royal British Legion is 6 miles away and they may be able to assist in making some enqs.

31 Norwich Road, Cromer, Norfolk NR27 0BA, tel. 01263 512178

Pete R.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 19/06/2011 01:04:25

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger