commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Frank Baker, No5 Cdo  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Anonymous

Hello All,

I am new to this site, having just stumbled across it whilst trying to find out a bit more about my Grandad, Frank BAKER. He was in No.5 Commmando. If anyone has any info/stories etc about his time in No.5 Commando, I would be very grateful to hear them. Grandad didn't really like to tell us very much!

Many thanks

Chris Baker

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 13/02/2009 22:01:02

hockhamlain
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello Chris,
I have just found your request for info ref No5. Commando, my father was also in No5. he was in Burma, I have a Diary of movements for No5 in Burma, if you would like a copy please supply your details and I will post you a copy.
e.mail. [email protected].
Regards Ron
Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

my dad was in No5 too Good to see they are remembered

SE Donnison
[MSN]
Stephen Donnison
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Ive been talking to a veteran of No1 Commando,John Lowman who said he knew a Frank Baker at the end of the war when No1 and No5 became 1/5 Commando. When they disbanded John and the others including Frank were sent to units of their choice and he met this Frank Baker in the Queen's Rgt. in Malaya. John wants to know if your Frank was with the Queen's after the war in Singapore , Selerang and Sungei Patani?
Hope this is of help

SE Donnison
[MSN]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

hockhamlain wrote:Hello Chris,
I have just found your request for info ref No5. Commando, my father was also in No5. he was in Burma, I have a Diary of movements for No5 in Burma, if you would like a copy please supply your details and I will post you a copy.
e.mail. [email protected].
Regards Ron

Ron,
I've just sent you a pm

NIC

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger