commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Phrase Book  XML
Forum Index » Collectors and Memorabilia
Di Robinson
Forum Member

I've been going through some of my Dad's army papers and came across an interesting little French phrase book (well its more a double sided card folded down to pocket size). Its full of useful phrases like: Hide me; give me some civilian clothes, I am wounded, could you nurse me? There is also a list of 'sentences every man should know by heart' like Where is...? How many...? Please and Thank you. Its a fascinating little piece of memorabilia and I was wondering whether to loan it to the Spean Bridge Museum. Has anyone seen one of these before, maybe they're very common and the Museum has already got one?

I've tried scanning it in and can only get a clear image of the front page, the rest is too grainy to read.
[Thumb - phrase book1.jpg]
 Filename phrase book1.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 118 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  448 time(s)

Di Robinson
John M
CVA Website Manager
[Avatar]

Hi Di

Your phrase book is very interesting and a treasure you should keep within your family.

This booklet puts you close to your father as it is something he would have carried with him while in difficult circumstances.

Museums have copies and the Spean Bridge Museum is in a state of flux at the moment............so I say keep hold of it .........and treasure it!!

Best regards

John M

Do not speak.....unless it improves on Silence.

A good teacher opens the door.....you must enter yourself.

For Dad No 12 Commando & 4 Troop No 1 Commando
Primus Inter Pares

Commando Veterans Archive site Creator/Sponsor

Forum Index » Collectors and Memorabilia
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger