His records are quite interesting - He enlisted to the GSC (General Service Corps) the role of the corps was to provide specialists - recruits were enlisted in the corps for their first six weeks so that their subsequent posting could take account of their skills and the Army's needs.
From here he was transferred to the Seaforths - it is now obvious that the cap badge he is wearing on his beret is that of the Seaforths...
From here he was posted to The Commando Depot (which has erroneously been entered as Fort George) then attached and, later, posted to HQ No.1 SS Brigade. [In 1943 the name SS (Special Service) was changed to Commando]
After his second trip to NWE (North West Europe) he was posted to the HOC (Holding Operational Commando) at Wrexham and temporary attached to HQ No.1 Commando Brigade.
He was then posted to HQ No.2 Commando Brigade.
This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 09/01/2019 22:21:03