commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Updated & Revised Nominal Rolls  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Commando Nominal Rolls
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Brilliant, thanks - all updated..

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
bluey
Forum Member

Nick,
For the sake of complete accuracy would you mind adding 1st SAS before SRS against my father's name.

Many thanks,

Bluey
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

It was updated with the additional detail by myself in preparation of creating a bio page on your Father regarding his award. I have seen a reference to and a photo of your Father in Stewart McClean?s book called SAS, The History of the SRS. If you contact me by email below I would like to get a few more details for the page I intend to add.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
bluey
Forum Member

Hello Pete,

Of course I will be more than happy to provide you with whatever information you need but unfortunately I can't access your email address via this forum. Alan Orton has my email details and I wonder if you could get them from him and send me a message direct.

Regards,

Bluey
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

I have admin access so can see the email address you registered with on here. I will email you direct.

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

[Email]
Spud
Forum Member

I am the proud grandson of Frederick Stock, i noticed that his name is slightly wrong in the section No.11 Commando Nominal P-Z. He volenteered for the commandos whilst serving with the Seaforth Highlanders. I will try and find his service number. He later volunteered for 204 military mission to China.

Regards

Mark
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for that information - I have now amended his entry in the No.11 Cdo nominal roll.

I'm pleased to say I have him on my nominal roll for 204 Military Mission where he served in the Burma Cadre Battalion under Lt Col Derek Gill-Davies, DSO.

... and his number was 4804207.

Thanks that was very valuable information which ties up loose ends.

I did notice that we don't have any photos of your grandfather - I'm sure that as a proud grandson, you'd like to see his photo in our Gallery with his colleagues and pals where he will be remembered with pride... ) :D

Nick

Nick Collins,

[Email]
Alan Orton
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Taken from file no. WO361/825 is the following entry 2696403 Jackson, Ernest, Scots Guards attached 8 Commando admitted to hospital 7 March 1941.
Could you add his name to 8 (Guards) Commando Nominal Roll?

Service No. update: the following names have incorrect service no's which was an error on my part in the first place so apologies for that.
Robertson, J. P. 811911. 8 Commando
Sadler, J. 814251. 8 Commando.

Missing from 8 Commando Nominal Roll is 803879 L/Sgt. Ralph Lazenby Scots Guards.

Additional info in regard to 2617519 H. J. Leadbetter Grenadier Guards, attached L Detatchment, transferred to Special Boat Section before returning to his parent regt. He was WIA in Italy and taken prisoner before being repatriated to UK.

Although there appears at present no Nominal Roll for D Battalion i have come across a name within the 361 file:
2695634 Donaldson, D. Scots Guards.

Kind regards,

Alan.

NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Alan,

Once again thank you for the information.
All amendments have now been incorporated and I hope to have a nominal roll for ME Cdos in the very near future...

Nick

Nick Collins,

[Email]
Janette
Forum Member

Hi

48 RM nominal roll, currently Chrisp, full name, Charles Frederick Chrisp
Service No: POX/104219 (T)

Charlie is my granddad. I have just started to try and follow his movements whilst in the Royal Marines. I know he was in Egypt in 1943 but unfortunately that is all I am currently aware of.

Any information would be great.

Thank you

Janette
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Janette

I am sure you have found this entry in our Archive about 48RM Commando http://www.commandoveterans.org/48RMCommando

To find out more about his military service you should apply for a copy of his service records. How to do so can be found below:

http://www.commandoveterans.org/ServiceRecords

If you, or anyone else in your Family, have a photo of your Granddad that you would like included in our gallery (see below) please post it in a response on this forum thread. Our gallery can be found below:

http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/Royal+Marine+Commando+Units/48+RM+Cdo/

If you have a lot of photos please contact me by email below to discuss options.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 22/09/2019 18:59:01

[Email]
Janette
Forum Member

Hi Pete

Thank you for your reply.

I have obtained granddads service records and I am trying to work my way through them. I have a couple of photos I will try and upload.

Best wishes

Janette
Janette
Forum Member

Hi Pete

Here are two photographs that contain my Granddad. In the picture with berets he is back row second from the right has a cross drawn on him. In the other picture he is back row on the left, this is in Egypt 1943.

Janette
[Thumb - Charlie Group.jpg]
 Filename Charlie Group.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Egypt 1943
 Filesize 192 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  591 time(s)

[Thumb - Charles Chrisp RM_Group.jpg]
 Filename Charles Chrisp RM_Group.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Berets
 Filesize 264 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  601 time(s)

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Janette

I have posted the photo of your grandfather and others wearing the beret into our 48RM Commando gallery - here is a direct link to it http://gallery.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/Royal+Marine+Commando+Units/48+RM+Cdo/Charles+Chrisp+RM_Group+_1_.jpg.html

If you care to leave your last name I will add that to the credit shown.

The 1943 image was before his time in the Commandos. Unlike today in WW2 not all Royal Marines were Commando trained.

[Email]
Janette
Forum Member

Hello Pete

Thank you for posting the picture and for the information regarding the Commandos.

Kind regards

Janette Pascoe

Forum Index » Wartime Commando Nominal Rolls
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger