commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Operation Chariot - St Nazaire  XML
Forum Index » Association Events
Peter Cooper
Forum Member

This is a photo of the German submarine pens at St. Nazaire which I took many years ago.
[Thumb - Picture.jpg]
 Filename Picture.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 720 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  783 time(s)

Son of Dennis Cooper, 1 troop 4 Commando.
MBrockway
Forum Member

Remembering Tom McCormack, who succumbed in Rennes 75 years ago today from the wounds he sustained in Operation Chariot .

He will not be forgotten.

Mark

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 11/04/2017 23:27:54

Remembering Tom McCormack, died of wounds, Bill Hughes and Syd Murdoch both captured, all at St Nazaire and all Liverpool Scottish/QOCH & 5(Scottish) Troop, No 2 Commando. Wonderful company & welcome guests billeted with my grandfather in Ayr in 1941-2.
MBrockway
Forum Member

76 years ago HMS Campbeltown with her accompanying flotilla of ML's and MGB's was minutes away from crashing the outer gate of the Normandie Dock and beginning the St Nazaire Raid.

We shall not forget all those who took part.

Remembering Tom McCormack, died of wounds, Bill Hughes and Syd Murdoch both captured, all at St Nazaire and all Liverpool Scottish/QOCH & 5(Scottish) Troop, No 2 Commando. Wonderful company & welcome guests billeted with my grandfather in Ayr in 1941-2.
MBrockway
Forum Member

Remembering today Tom McCormack, who a fortnight after the raid finally succumbed to his wounds on this day 76 years ago.

We shall remember them all and their sacrifice.

Forum Index » Association Events
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger