commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
George Phillips 46 RM Commando  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
chrisround
Forum Member

does anyone remember a george phillips of 258 sqd 'c' company 46 commando, please get in touch

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 31/05/2011 12:40:23

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi, my father in law was in 46 commando, 258 trp c company and we have several photos which may be of use, please let us know and we will try to scan them to you, regards, chris

Hi Chris

I have transferred the text from your 2nd message onto here so its all kept nicely together. I have edited the title so it clearly shows his name. I have sent you an email to clarify a point about the troop detail you mention, and the photos

Pete

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 31/05/2011 12:42:01

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Chris has updated me with some more details to clarify the troop his father in law was in :

I have found a bit more info from a letter sent to RMA Capt. J Brown in Southsea, I think his service number looks POX 109527
Z troop 46 RM Commando 9th battalion RM

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 31/05/2011 13:07:45

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
steph
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Chris,

I've photo about Z Troop 46 RM. Maybe George PHILLIPS is on. Len TILDSLEY is on this picture, do you know him ?

cheers

stéphane
chrisround
Forum Member

steph wrote:Hi Chris,

I've photo about Z Troop 46 RM. Maybe George PHILLIPS is on. Len TILDSLEY is on this picture, do you know him ?

cheers

stéphane

Hi stephane,

We wouldn't know Len, however he is on the photo of 'z troop' with george on the gallery with all the names on, sadly george passed away 24 years ago. Will you be going to the cermony at the end of the month at Alrewas? Can you put the photo you have on the website or is it on there?

best wishes
Chris

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger