commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
No.2 Commando Overseas - April 13th 1943 to May 8th 1945  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Units
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Another booklet amongst my father's possessions has been found. Who wrote this I do not know, but I suspect it was one of the officer's of No.2 Commando. Although it does not go into great detail it does give an interesting insight and adds to the history of No.2 Cdo already on our site. At the end there is a list of numbers of casualties, and also of decorations and awards. The document was not in good order and difficult to copy but I have done my best and it can be downloaded here as a PDF file

Pete R.
[Thumb - front cover.jpg]
 Filename front cover.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description The front cover of the booklet
 Filesize 600 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  495 time(s)

Filename No.2 Commando overseas.pdf [Disk] Download
 Description No.2 Commando Overseas From Gourock to Ravenna
 Filesize 6502 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  945 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 22/05/2011 00:50:33

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Bob Bishop
Forum Member
[Avatar]

That is so great, Pete. I've just quickly scanned through it and will now get into it in earnest. What a wonderful find !

- Janet
Dusty's son
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Great find Pete , thanks. This matches a lot of info in my Dads diary only with a little more detail.
I recall hearing the story about the Danish butter ,it must have been a real treat.
Also, my folks anniversary was April 10 th
a rush job with the date moved forward due to being shipped out for Gib on the 13th.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 23/05/2011 16:50:24

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Units
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger