commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Lt Matthew Dickie, RM Cdo  XML
Forum Index » Wartime RM Commando Individuals
Alba23
Forum Member

Anyone remember him? I'd love to hear from!
My father, who brought up his daughter on Marine stories etc... it's in my blood.
I'm also going to be at Fort William?Spean Bridge...fingers crossed.

From this site...I think he was in 2 Commando as he spoke of Italy, Gibraltar, Sicily and I have a marble ashtray engaved with his name and Messina etc
Oh, by the way...he was 6ft4" and Scottish!!!!! May jolt a memory!!!! :-)
Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 22/02/2009 21:22:07

[MSN]
Bob Bishop
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Welcome. Regarding Lieut. Matthew Dickie, we have no records of any Royal Marine officers serving in No. 2 Commando. Possibly his service was in No. 40, 41, or 43 R.M. Commandos who were alongside No. 2 in several engagements. Apart from our official Rolls of Officers, I am sure that I would have remembered if a Royal Marine had been taken on our strength.

It is much appreciated that you will be attending the Spean Bridge Memorial in remembrance of your Dad.

We look forward to meeting you there.

Drive safely!

Bob & Janet
Alba23
Forum Member

Further to my original post.......... I have found out that my Dad was on HMS Hurricane. I have a sheet of paper that has been torn out a book, documenting " Record of Observation for Deviation" on 19/6/40.
Off Barrow, measuring the compass deviation. Interesting for me :-)
[MSN]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Alba23 wrote:Further to my original post.......... I have found out that my Dad was on HMS Hurricane. I have a sheet of paper that has been torn out a book, documenting " Record of Observation for Deviation" on 19/6/40.
Off Barrow, measuring the compass deviation. Interesting for me :-)

Anne,

I don't want you to abandon CVA but it might be worth digging around on this site:
http://www.royalmarinesassociation.org.uk/index.htm

Regards,
Nick
[Email]

Forum Index » Wartime RM Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger