commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
4 commandos  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Vicky Randall
Forum Member

I have just read through my stepfathers account of his task for 6th june again,& seen,that he mentioned several men,in his troup 6th june 1944.
Sergent Lewis, his batman Evans,"An old friend David commanding'D' troup",& Philpotts Died while landing on Oisterham beach.
Does anyone know of these men ?
My stepfather,was Major William Robert Jennery.
It would be really very interesting to know about these people.
Vicky Randall
steph
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hello VICKY

I know very well LARRY PHILIPPS 4 Cdo D Troop, and I will ask him if he recall those names.
Have you got photos about your stepfather ?

sincerely

stéphane
[Thumb - 4 Cdo Larry PHILIPPS D Troop 1944.jpg]
 Filename 4 Cdo Larry PHILIPPS D Troop 1944.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 503 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  379 time(s)

Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Vicky

There was a Sargent E J Lewis of the Welch Rgt in No4. A Gnr H Evans of the RA in No4. Got these names from the Dieppe list of No4.

Bill Harvey (Son of Bill Harvey No4).

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."
Vicky Randall
Forum Member

Bill,
Many thanks for your information,I didnt know there was a Dieppe list of no;4. Vicky

Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger