commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
The Third Jungle Book  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Julie W
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I?m interested to learn more about ?The Third Jungle Book?, and am sure you knowledgeable people will know the answers to my questions!

How was the newsletter put together? Was it always written by the same person/people or were all the men able to contribute items?

Also, does anyone know which issues are held in the Liddell Hart collection at King?s College please and if there are copies in any other archives anywhere?

Thanks,

Julie

Cousin of Capt. Larry Stephens, No. 5 Commando 1943-1946
His biography is available from all good bookshops from April 2020 https://www.waterstones.com/book/its-all-in-the-mind/julie-warren/9781783528622
[WWW]
Andy Maines
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Julie

I have actually got copies of two issues of the Third Jungle Book ie July 1944 (No. four) and Sep 1945 (No. eight), these were actually scanned from original copies that were loaned to me by the daughter of a former member of No1 Commando Teresa Fitzgerald (Eddie Fitzgerald). Having read the books it seems that any one was able to submit either photos or articles. The editor for the July 1944 issue was Capt F. C. Rodgers, the Sep 1945 being edited by CaptI. V. Carrel. I have a photo copy version of the last ever Third Jungle Book (Mar 1946) which was also edited by I. V. Carrel (by this time promoted to Maj)
If you would like copies of these issues so that you can examine them yourself, then let me know and I will run some copies off and post these out to you.

Cheers Andy

"Primus Inter Pares"
[Email]
Julie W
Forum Member
[Avatar]

That?s really helpful. Thank you so much Andy

Cousin of Capt. Larry Stephens, No. 5 Commando 1943-1946
His biography is available from all good bookshops from April 2020 https://www.waterstones.com/book/its-all-in-the-mind/julie-warren/9781783528622
[WWW]

Forum Index » Looking for Information General
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger