commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Info wanted about Jimmy Brown (or Buff)  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Jules1921
Forum Member

My dad was a Commando but he died in 1979 and I don't remember him ever speaking about his time in the war. I would dearly love to hear more about him from anyone who may remember him.

If you know Jamie Bowes Brown (Buff or Jimmy)please get in touch
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi and welcome to the CVA

There is no single list of all who served in the Army and Royal Marines Commando during WW2. Whilst we have many Veteran members in the Commando Veterans Association, not all monitor the website. However we do have researchers who maybe able to help but we would need to know a bit more about your father.
For instance do you know if he was an Army Commando or a Royal Marines Commando. Also which unit of either of those did he serve in. Do you know his former Regiment if he was an Army Commando, or his service number. Have you, or any member of your family, any photos or documents relating to his period in the Commandos.

This might involve asking other members of the family about any memorabilia they may have relating to your father's time in WW2.

Please feel free to respond on this message or, if you would prefer, my email address is below

Pete Rogers

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger