commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Edwin Dunford No 3 Commando  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

Dear Geoff,

I was brought to your excellent site via a web search for Stan Scott whose brilliant
book about the Commandos I have just finished reading.

My father Edwin Dunford who sadly passed away in 1989 was a member of No 3 and
Stan?s exploits dovetailed nicely into what little my father told me of his experiences.
As you probably find with most ex Commandoes it is very difficult to get them to talk
about their experiences unless they amongst their own kind.

I don?t know if any members in your association would have known my father. I would be
very interested to hear from them if they did.

I do also have some photos of him plus several re unions in London and one of 5 troop,
No 3 Commando at the Dolphin Hotel in Worthing in May 1944. I would be more than happy
to share these memories with your members if you think they will be interested.

I cannot find Dad?s service number but he was one of a group of police officers who joined
the Commandoes around 1941/1942. He was certainly on the Dieppe Raid.

I look forward to any information you may have.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Kind regards

Paul Dunford
[Thumb - Edwin Dunford around time of Marriage in 1945.jpg]
 Filename Edwin Dunford around time of Marriage in 1945.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 109 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  357 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/04/2011 00:40:28

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Paul

Hope you read this. We do have a copy of a 5 troop photo at the Dolphin Hotel however it may be different to yours, or possibly yours may be of better quality. The one we have is located here:

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/units/3/trp+photos/3+cdo+5+trp.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

I am sure we would all like to see the other photos you have. If I can be of any assistance please contact me on my email address below

Regards

Pete Rogers

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 13/01/2022 12:18:59

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger