commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Derek Edwards  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
GfL
Forum Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping that you may be able to help me but I have barely any information to give you ! So, it's a real long shot but if I don't ask I'll never know if someone could help.

I'm doing my family tree and am trying to find out more about the background of my 2nd cousin, Derek Edwards, who was born in 1919 in Kingston, Surrey. Derek was a Royal Marine Commando but there is no-one of his generation left for me to ask.

My grandfather told me, quite some years ago, that Derek received a dishonorable discharge, what for or when I have no idea. Not exactly to be proud of but I would like to know what he did before he received this and what be did wrong to receive a DD. What makes it almost impossible is that I have no service number for Derek and do not know what unit he was with. I know more about his brother who was an SOE than Derek!

Derek was also known by the name Kurt. He kept his mother's maiden name although his father's surname was Hogg. Derek emigrated to South Africa in 1954.

If anyone can help or has any ideas as to what I may be able to do to try and find the answer to my questions I'd be grateful.

Thank you.

GfL )

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger