commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Cpl Brian Mullen  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

I have just been contacted by Oban War and Peace museum who tell me they have two original Brian Mullen paintings. They would like to know more about him. Can anyone help? I know he was killed in action with No4 at Normandie. He also took part in Dieppe.

Bill Harvey

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Bill,
Apart from Rick Smallman, the only other person I can think of is Cpl Mullen's wife's daughter - Mary Crawford. She contacted the CVA Forum via Pete Rogers some time ago, I would think Pete still has her email address.

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Thanks Nick.

Pete will see this and PM me of he still has it.

I have asked the War and Peace people to let us have photographs of pictures so we can post them on the site.

Best wishes.

Bill

Bill Harvey
Son of Gunner Bill Harvey No4 Commando who was killed in action on 1 November 1944 when liberating Flushing. "Their deeds shall live from age to age. They've writ their name on History's page. Upheld their glorious heritage. The Fighting Fourth Commando."
John Martin
Forum Member

There are references to Brian Mullen in "March Past" by Lord Lovat, "Don't Cry for Me" by Donald Gilchrist, "The Commandos at Dieppe" by Will Fowler and in "It had to be Tough" and "The Fighting Fourth" both by James Dunning.

He was clearly a very talented - as well as a brave - individual. I remember my late uncle describing the sand-table models that he produced as part of the intelligence section.
Bill Harvey
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Many thanks John.

Bill

Bill Harvey
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Bill

The original forum message about Cpl Mullen is here:

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoForum/posts/list/516.page

I will pm you the contact details you require.

Pete

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger