commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Remembrance Sunday 2011  XML
Forum Index » Association Events
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Remembrance Sunday, the second Sunday in November, is the day traditionally put aside to remember all those who have given their lives for the peace and freedom we enjoy today. On this day people across the nation pause to reflect on the sacrifices made by our brave Service men and women.

In 2011 Remembrance Sunday is on Sunday 13 November - join us for the Annual Gathering of Commandos at Fort William for a Remembrance Parade in the morning at Fort William and then, later in the afternoon, for a Commando Remembrance Service at The Commando Memorial at Spean Bridge.

Nick

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 16/11/2011 13:43:22

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Liz Milne
Forum Member

Hi Nick,

Is there any information yet about the Remembrance Service at Westminster Abbey this year? Also I wondered if this would tie in at all with the request last year for Commandos to attend the Cenotaph? Any info gratefully received.

Thanks

Liz Milne
Proud daughter of Ted Holland, No.3 Commando
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Liz,

Sorry about the delay in replying.

I'm afraid I don't know if we'll see many Commando Veterans attending the Cenotaph March Past - maybe Geoff is better placed to answer this, I'll email him to see if he knows anything.

The Dept of Culture is responible for the arrangements for the Remembrance Service whilst the Royal British Legion organises the March Past so I hope this link will prove useful to you

http://www.culture.gov.uk/what_we_do/honours/3333.aspx

Regards,
Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]

Forum Index » Association Events
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger