commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Ossie 'Dusty' Miller No.2 Commando  XML
Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

It is with much sadness that I inform you of the recent death on the 17th December of 'Dusty' Miller of No.2 Commando.

Eric Buckmaster sent me these details :

Peter, sadly, I have received a message from Maureen Elliott, Daughter of Dusty Miller of 2 Commando, to say that her Dad died this afternoon at his home. Dusty was formerly from the North East, but in more recent years had lived at Romsey Hants, in order to be nearer to the younger members of his Family. His wife, David his younger Son, and his daughter Maureen were with him when he passed away.

My condolences to all the family.

Rest in peace Dusty
[Thumb - Dusty Miller.jpg]
 Filename Dusty Miller.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description Ossie
 Filesize 128 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  321 time(s)

This message was edited 10 times. Last update was at 25/04/2012 15:50:33

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Rest in Peace Dusty.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 20/12/2010 23:10:51

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
steph
Forum Member
[Avatar]

REST IN PEACE, DUSTY

Thank you !

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 20/12/2010 23:11:05

Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Eric has updated me with the following email sent to him by Ossie Miller's daughter Maureen. Eric has arranged for a wreath to be sent.

My father's funeral arrangements were made today. We are having a private cremation at Southampton Crematorium at 12.15pm on Thursday 30 December 2010, followed by a Service of Thanksgiving at Romsey United Reformed Church. The family are inviting everybody to the Romsey Royal British Legion for refreshments following the Service. My mother would be delighted for any Ex-Commando to attend the Cremation.
The family are delighted and most appreciative of your offer of sending an Army Commando wreath. My father did not wish any fresh flowers; so the wreath will be placed on top of his coffin, along with his green beret.
The Funeral Director is A H Cheater Ltd., 122 The Hundred, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 8BY. Tel : 01794 513 393.
My brother, who used to be a Fleet Street reporter, wrote an obituary for our local paper which I have attached.

Filename ObituaryOssieMiller.doc [Disk] Download
 Description open in word
 Filesize 23 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  394 time(s)

Filename ObituaryOssieMiller[1].pdf [Disk] Download
 Description open as pdf
 Filesize 109 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  741 time(s)

This message was edited 13 times. Last update was at 21/12/2010 00:17:40

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » We Will Remember Them
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger