commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Harry Joyce - No 4 Commando  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
geoffmurray1
Forum Member

Posted on behalf of Maggie Davis:

Hello there

I am trying to find some information , service history and photographs of my dad he was in 4 commando D troop his name is Harry Joyce and his army number was 61478.

He is still with us and is now 87 years old and getting a bit forgetful! I have found a couple of photographs on the commandos Veterans site and I have printed those of the net for him. I know that after the commandos were disbanded he went into the paratroopers and he was in the 2nd battalion. I cant seem to find any history of that on the web. If you have any more information or know where I can get any more photographs I would love to hear about it so I can pass it on to his grandson .

Thank you
Maggie Davis

Geoff Murray

'United We Conquer'
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Maggie,
Welcome to the CVA.
Whilst I don't have anything specific on your father in No4 Cdo [I'm sure someone with more knowledge of No4 than me will be along soon], I noted that you said you couldn't find anything on 2nd Battalion, Parachute Regt 92 Para) on line...

Here is a link that may help:
http://www.paradata.org.uk/units/2nd-battalion-parachute-regiment-2-para

Good luck,
Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger