commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Leading Stoker Alfred John 'Titch' Dolling  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Fortheadingley
Forum Member

I'm trying to ind information relating to my late Grandfather Alfred John 'Titch' Dolling RN Service Number KX132341. He was amongst other things a Submariner and Frogman during WW2 and certainly carried the Combined Operations insignia on his uniform. As a martial arts Master, he may have trained Commandos in unarmed combat either during or after the war.

Possibly most notable was his height, at around 5' tall, he was one of the short ones :-) .

If anyone has any information, I'd be really grateful

Regards

Steve
Fortheadingley
Forum Member

I've just received my grandfathers service record, and it seems he spent an inordinate amount of time on Canadian ships? and land bases. Can anyone shed light on the following?

HMS Royal Albert (Training)
HMS Victory 2 (appears twice)
HMS Venture (should this be HMCS?) (appears 4 times)
HMS Naden (HMCS?)
HMS Vancouver (HMCS?)
HMS Captor 2 (HMCS?)
HMS Fort York (twice)
HMS Pembroke 2
HMS Dinosaur
HMS Beaver
LCF 34 (3 times)
HMS Copra (6 times)
LCG(M) 114 (twice)
LCG(M) 176
HMS Squid
LCG(M) 124

I understand what most of these are, but I'm a little confused as to what the connection with the Canadian navy?

Any help appreciated

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger