commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Peter Ernest Godfrey  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
kerouac
Forum Member

I have been searching the web for any sites that may have my father listed anywhere about his time attached to No 2 Commando. He was a wireless operator in the Navy on joining up for WW2. He volunteered for the Commandos and was attached to No 2 I believe. I know he did the forward intelligence and reconnaissance and was on the St Nazaire operation. I have not been able to find anywhere with him listed. Does anyone remember him or know anything about his time then?

His name is Peter Ernest Godfrey and he became a POW after Leros.

Very grateful for any info .

Kerouac

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 22/02/2009 21:45:02

Bob Bishop
Forum Member
[Avatar]

The complete roster of No. 2 Commando and other Commando personnel does not include the subject name as a participant in the St. Nazaire operation March 27-28, 1942.

The published and unpublished operations of No. 2 Commando do not include LEROS.

Capt. T.E. Belcher of No. 30 Commando was at LEROS in 1943 as were others from the L.R.D.G. and S.A.S. When the Germans recaptured the island several British soldiers were made captive and others K.I.A., Capt. Belcher included. All of this had nothing to do with No. 2 Commando.

The subject name is not within the memory of myself. Perhaps you could supply us with your Dad's rank, service number, the name of his parent regiment, and any other details you have from service discharge records, or a photograph of him in uniform.

Anything you can send might be useful. We will be happy to do what we can to help your search.

Good luck.

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger