commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
William (Bud) McGinnis, No1 Cdo  XML
Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
jackie mcginnis-schulze
Forum Member

my e mail was misread. my uncle was american and volunteered for the commandos. i'm looking for any british or other who remember him. he was in no1 commando was in na under tourch. american commandos are few and far between perhaps only a few living. slee found mac mccurdy a us commando. i believe there were less than americans finished the training. my uncle in no 1 was one of them and mccurday in no. 6 was another. so if anyone knew my uncle aka bud or bill please let me hear from you. thanks thanks jackie.
i must add to the profile of my uncle he was also called SLICK. ONE OF HIS FRIENDS WROTE US A LETTER. ALL THE BROTHERS WERE SLICK :DE;

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 22/02/2009 21:52:14

Colin Russell
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Hi Jackie, welcome to the forum :-)

This may be who you are researching in 6 Commando:

PFC. (US) Gaylord W. "Mac" McCurdy
S/N 20703361

PFC. (US) Gaylord W. "Mac" McCurdy, formerly of L Company of the 133rd Battalion, 34th Division, Iowa National Guard, served with No.7 (US) Troop of No.6 Commando from, at least, June 1942 until being wounded on 22nd November 1942 when he received gunshot wounds to his side and legs following the attack by Luftwaffe aircraft upon the Commando troop train.

Following time spent in Hospital he had been returned to the US, but after six months volunteered for active duty once more, but by this time the American Commandos had been returned to the 34th Division, Iowa National Guard.

Good luck with your research,

Colin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 23/09/2007 06:29:54

"Excreta Tauri Astutos Frustantor"
[WWW]

Forum Index » Wartime Army Commando Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger