commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
3193076 Pte D McDougall (5th KOSB June 1940) - 12 Commando (Oct 1942) - C Troop 4 Commando (D-Day)  XML
Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
5KOSB
Forum Member

#3193076 Private D McDougall
(5th KOSB, June 1940)
12 Commando (October 1942)
C Troop, 4 Commando (D-Day)

Am researching wartime history of 5th Battalion, King's Own Scottish Borderers (KOSB), 1939-45.

Seeking any information about #3193076, Private D McDougall, who originally served with A Company, 5th KOSB, at the beginning of the war.

He was with this unit in France in mid-June 1940, when it formed part of 52nd Lowland Division in the 2nd British Expeditionary Force (2nd BEF).

I believe he may have moved to 9th KOSB after the return from France in June 1940 before then transferring to the Commandos. I am not sure at what point between 1940 & 1942 his transfer to the Commandos took place.

I know that he was with 12 Commando at Bridport in October 1942 and that he is listed on the nominal roll of C Troop, 4 Commando (under the command of Captain D Style MC) at the time of the D-Day landings (per list posted in Gallery on CVA website, courtesy of John Martin)

Any further details, wartime service information, photos, references would be very greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

5KOSB
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Hi Rod

Pte McDougall was in No.12 Commando and No.4 Commando. He did become a member of the original Commando Association but was not heard of by them after doing so post war. I have emailed you contact details of Ron Youngman who may have more information for you

Pete

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]

Forum Index » Looking for Information Individuals
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger