commando veterans association commando dagger
[Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Groups] Back to home page  [Register] Register /  [Login] Login 
Fort William Remembrance Services 2010  XML
Forum Index » Association Events
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

I have posted some photos I took at the War Memorial in Fort William today and later at the Commando Memorial at Spean Bridge. I must say how well it was organised by Geoff and it was great to see Janet and all the others present. I was particularly pleased to meet Jack Bakker and his wife for the first time. My photos can be seen in the Fort William album located in the main CVA Events gallery. If you have photos of the days services, or any of the events or activities that took place during our visit to Fort William, including the social activities, that you would like posted in the gallery ideally attach them here to this forum message and I will then post them in the gallery, or attach them to an email with any relevant details including your full name and send them to my email address shown below. Again I will then post them on your behalf. Don't forget to include where possible who is in the photos :

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/events/spean-bridge-2007/fw+2010/

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 15/11/2010 15:58:58

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
God and the Soldier, all men adore, In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

**** nb. I no longer monitor the pm facility ****
[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Just an update about the Unveiling of 'The Commandos in Lochaber' Commemorative Stone at the weekend. A picture of the wording on the stone can be seen here:

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/events/spean-bridge-2007/fw+2010/fw12.jpg.html

and the Order of Service can be found here:

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/documents/lochaber+stone/

Pete Rogers, son of LSgt Joe Rogers MM & nephew of TSM Ken McAllister. Both No2 Commando.
When the danger is passed and all things righted, God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

The album of photos has been updated with some more by Nick Collins and also some from Ria Bakker.

[Email]
NIC
Forum Member
[Avatar]

Another fantastic weekend meeting up with old friends, making new friends and Remembering Lost Friends.

The Remembrance Services were, as usual, very moving and the evenings, spent in the company of Janet Bishop, Jenny Barlow, Pete R, Jack & Ria Bakker and Jamie Owen, to name a few, were very enjoyable.

Special thanks to Geoff and the CVA Committee.

Nick

Nick Collins,

Commando Association Historical Archivist & Photographer.

Proud son of Cpl Mick Collins, 5 Troop, No5 Cdo

"Truly we may say of them, when shall their glory fade?"

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

I took this photo and others in the Garden of Remembrance at the Commando Memorial on Sunday November 14th. it is why we attend and remember, and worthy of reading the words on the card

http://www.commandoveterans.org/cdoGallery/v/Commando+War+Graves+Memorials+and+Plaques/Spean+Bridge+2009/A+father_s+words+to+his+son.JPG.html

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 22/11/2010 23:28:33

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

More pictures from Jennie Barlow have now been added to the gallery. They can all be seen here:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/12/2010 14:53:49

[Email]
Pete
CVA Website Archivist
[Avatar]

Some more excellent pictures now posted. These were taken by the official photographer Stuart Hill on behalf of the MOD. My thanks to Stuart, to Mark Heard for sending me the disc, and to Petty Officer Nick Tryon, Photographic Unit Manager Royal Navy for his help and advice when I spoke with him

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 01/12/2010 18:27:40

[Email]

Forum Index » Association Events
Go to:   
©Commando Veterans Archive 2006 - 2016. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all content on this site is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0. Powered by JForum 2.1.8 © JForum Team
commando dagger